The Design Collaborative invites the Philadelphia area design community to join the conversation, collaborate and share their personal insights into collecting design and art in today’s marketplace. This week we were lucky to have Meredith Hilferty come through the exhibition and curate a selection of her top 10 favorite pieces. “The Design Collaborative is a unique opportunity to see how works that span different collections can work together in harmony.” says Hilferty. “It’s a visual conversation that inspires the collector in all of us.” Meredith started her career working on appraisals in the Philadelphia area, and serves as Director of Fine Art Auctions at the Rago Arts and Auctions Center since 2006. Catch her on the PBS program Antiques Roadshow.
This weekend come see the Design Collaborative’s ever-changing exhibition and explore Philadelphia’s industrial heritage in the burgeoning New Kensington arts district. Shop the collection that Philadelphia Magazine named “The Most Insanely Amazing Home Goods in Philly” and Curbed Philadelphia called “A Hidden Gem in Kensington“.
Shop Meredith’s Top 10 Picks!
1. Collection of German Pottery, 1960’s, Calderwood Gallery. $95-490
2. Gregg Krantz, Boardwalk Blues, 1/3, Archival Pigment Prints, Fisher Grey Collection. $1000
3. John Pomp, Clear Band Floor Lamp, Hand-Blown Sculpted Glass, Blackened Steel and Brass, John Pomp Studios. Price on Request
4. Pair of Pony Hide Lounge Chairs, Marguerite Rodgers Collection. $3500
5. Roland Summer, Object, Raku, Liao Collection. $2500
6. Morgan Colt, Pair of Iron Candlesticks, 1920’s, Marguerite Rodgers Collection. $4500
7. Kevin O’Brien, Burnout Silk Velvet Pillow, Op Art Pattern, Kevin O’Brien Studio. $300
8. David Ebner, Pair of Torii End Tables, Macassar Ebony and Graphite, 2014, Moderne Gallery. $20,000
9. Edward Wormley, Dunbar, Trapezoid Coffee Table, Stained Mahogany and Brass, 1950, Fisher Grey Collection. $3000
10. Warren Muller, Special On Funnels, Light Sculpture, Warren Muller. $4500
The Design Collaborative showroom has been extended with open hours to the public this weekend and by appointment through April 25th. Come shop an eclectic mix of hand-picked treasures from top designers, collectors, galleries, artists and makers in Philadelphia; Fisher Grey Studio, Marguerite Rodgers Interior Design, Moderne Gallery, Liao Collection, Warren Muller, Calderwood Gallery, Kevin O’Brien Studio and John Pomp Studios. The Design Collaborative is located in the Art and Industry Building, 2131 North American Street.